The Showroom (Part Two)
As I mentioned in the first Showroom buildout post, it took 6 months to transform the neglected space at 37 W 17th St into an appropriate backdrop for our furniture and events. To do that, we committed to using as much reclaimed and sustainable material as possible. Below is a partial list of the Green credentials that make the CounterEv Showroom a tribute to sustainable and reclaimed design:
- Reclaimed Chicago and St Louis brick veneer on 3 walls.
- Reclaimed heartpine factory subfloor sliced "brick" walkway.
- Reclaimed heartpine tongue and groove floor on stage and office.
- Zero VOC paint on all walls and ceiling.
- Tin sign lettering from old defunct sign factory.
- Doors and trim from reclaimed bowling lane heartpine and maple.
- Kitchen and bathroom cabinetry from reclaimed water tank redwood.